If you’re not a fan of fish, raw or cooked, then these vegetarian sushi recipes might just fit the bill. The following recipes are presented here to give you some ideas. Use you imagination and fill your rolls with what ever vegetables tickle your fancy.
Try ingredients like the following:
- romaine or Boston lettuce
- deep-fried tofu
- pickled daikon (Japanese radish)
- seasoned gourd strips
- shiitake mushrooms
- asparagus (cooked)
- red bell peppers
- sun dried tomatoes
The following vegetarian sushi recipes are easy to make at home. Making perfect sushi rice is key to any of these recipes, so if you haven’t already done so, take some time to review my video on how to make sushi rice.
- Kappa-maki (cucumber roll)
- Oshinko-maki (pickle roll/daikon roll)
- Avocado-maki (avocado roll)
- Natto-maki (fermented soybeans in a roll)